Booze Meter: Totally Tipsy
Golden Rum Cake:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dark rum
Golden Rum Glaze:
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. grease and flour a 9- or 10-inch Bundt or tube cake pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and slat. In another bowl, combine milk vanilla, and rum. Beat flour mixture and milk mixture into the butter in three alternation additions. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour, or until golden brown.
4. For the glaze: Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
5. Place cake on a serving platter. Slowly pour glaze over top and sides until completely absorbed. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe from Booze Cakes by Krystina Castella and Terry Lee Stone.