1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
½ cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup whole milk
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
The zest of 2 small blood oranges
The juice of 1 small blood orange (about 2 tablespoons)
3/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Coat an 8-9-inch loaf pan or 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well blended, about 1 minute. Whisk in the olive oil and milk.
4. Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until thoroughly blended. Gently mix in the rosemary, orange zest, orange juice, and black pepper.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the cake is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for about 15-20 minutes before removing the cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe created by Susan Russo of Food Blogga.